Welcome to the Leadership 1 Course! For the first week, I’d like each of you to post an introduction for yourself. You should include about 3 or 4 lines telling everyone who you are, where you are/work, why you’re interested in the Leadership courses and any particular interests/hobbies/super powers you may like to share.
There are a few important points that I need to review with you at the onset of the course.
- While the readings are important to provide you with the background for the week’s topic, the most important part of this course is the dialogue we will have, so please make sure you participate fully in the discussions online.
- You won’t be “marked” on your postings and no answer is wrong, nor is any question a stupid question.
- You do not have to be online at any particular time, just when you are available. We will start each module at the beginning of a week and anything due that week should be submitted by Sunday at midnight.
- Finally, your participation as well as completing your leadership final assignment is required to receive your leadership certificate.
- As you are reviewing the topics each week, think about yourself as a leader and what leadership skills you want to develop or refine so you know the focus of your final paper.
We look forward to the discussions with all of you.