Kathleen

After taking the quiz I scored 59 and was, at first, a bit surprised I scored lower on the empathy section than I thought I would BUT after reading their suggestions they were spot on for me. I am not a good listener, and often interrupt ( always have). I am aware that I do this, and that it is rude. I will make a concerted effort to be a more active listener not only for my residents but my staff. As for self awareness ( 12/15) I honestly feel that given my age and where I have been and where I am now in my life speaks volumes to self awareness. I have always been “driven” for better things in my life ( career wise), and have worked a life time to become a nurse. I love to lead and teach.
I am very fortunate to have minimal stress in my personal life and practice yoga (45 years) to help me stay grounded.
We need good support systems, time for ourselves, finding joy in the small things in life, and the love of family and friends.
I just wanted to comment that I have enjoyed this course very very much and “getting to know” everyone on a small level. We all took this course to increase our leadership skills to help us achieve great things for our patients/residents. As RPN’s our scope of practice has changed for the better over the last few years and has opened doors that were not available before. We are the change makers and the leaders of the future.