John-paul

Hi Danisha and Katisha,

Thanks for your contributions to this module!

Katisha, I really like the point you made about all healthcare providers contributing to the patients learning. MD’s are often very busty, and it’s great that we can all work collaboratively as a team to promote this learning. I also like the piece where you mention involving family and friends to promote awareness, understanding, and independence. I believe empowering patients, their families, and their friends to manage their care and navigate the system can help decrease pressures on other areas of the health system, and lead to better outcomes for patients as they try to manage their often chronic conditions.

Danisha, it’s neat to hear that you’ve had experience providing palliative care, as this is an area that I have had notable interest in throughout my career as well. It is evident that you utilize coaching to provide client centered care and assisting patients and their families to ensure their wishes can be fulfilled.

Great discussion so far! Thanks for your contributions. I look forward to hearing from others.