Grazielle

Since our program just launched in July 2022, our company was eager to get the clinics on board. There was alot of resistance from the clinics since they didn’t want their current workflow to change. I understood where they were coming from, but as a “representative of our company, we were encouraged to tell the clients WHY it would be a great move to get on board with our new process. After a a few weeks I noticed that my relationship with the clinics, the physicians and their admin staff was negatively being impacted. I laid out the different options/paths I could take – I made a chart similar to a decision tree so I can visualize the “pros/cons” of each decision. Once I had it laid out – I made the decision to customize my service based on clinic’s needs. When I had my 1;1 meeting with my manager I explained that currently I do not think it is best that we continue to “push” our process on the clinic because it will afffect our relationship in the long run. I laid out the pros and cons of my decision vs the pros and cons of “following what management wants” Ultimately my manager agreed and she supported my decision. From there, my manager set a meeting with the director of our program and the product director of the company and explained why I made the choices I made and how it can affect their short term and long term client relationships. By the end of it, management agreed with my decision and i was able to advocate for my clinics which helped build a better relationship with them. So yes I think having a better understanding/ grasp of the decision making process would have made this situation much more seamless