• This Discussion Thread has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by John-Paul.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive
      Sharon

I loved the start to this conversation. Inspiring your staff starts with you.
      Being empathetic, modelling the way and using your active listening were all discussed.
      Knowing your staff on a personal level also offered better connections. Creating that safe space for co-workers to be able to offer up their own ideas and suggestions without fear will generate new ideas for your workplace.
      I liked these ideas from http://www.themuse.com:
      Here are five ways to feel more joy in your work:
      1. Don’t Be an Island. When you’re hating on your job, there’s a tendency to withdraw from the people you work with. …
      2. Accept Responsibility. …
      3. Don’t Play Games. …
      4. Engage. …
      5. Follow the Energy.

Tell us more about how you inspire:

John-Paul

I agree, Sharon. In organizations I have worked in, I have had the pleasure of feeling that there is that safe space where I can make suggestions and bring up new ideas to improve our workplace and it makes me feel like I am able to make a positive difference.

One way that I have inspired my colleagues is by encouraging camaraderie and teamwork among our staff. By being a team player, offering a helping hand, and promoting a team work, I feel that our workplace has slowly become more enjoyable, and even more manageable in the toughest of scenarios we find ourselves in. Even something as simple as how I respond when someone thanks me for assisting them. I often say something like “It’s all about the teamwork” or “I know you’d do the same for me, no need to thank me.”. I feel that this helps inspire others to offer a hand, and I believe it’s those little interactions that help build that sense of togetherness.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.