• This Discussion Thread has 25 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Shannon.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Provide an example of a time when you used CNO resources to support your practice or learning.

Courtney

I just completed the PN program with Fleming college and I used the CNO website numerous times throughout my education. I used it for research, learning and as a reference in assignments. I still now in consolidation use the CNO website to refresh myself on different practice standards and guidelines as the need arises.

Adetutu

During my clinical placement used the CNO regulations to ensure proper documentation in patient records.

Tara

During the PN program, I accessed the CNO website numerous times to aid in assignments and to reflect on practice standards and guidelines. Now practicing as an RPN I still frequent website to refresh my knowledge and stay current and on top of standards

Carrie-Leigh

I have used the CNO website multiple times through out my education , to become more familiar with standards as well as using them for study tools for various classes and when preparing for the jurisprudence exam.

Emma-Leigh

While in a classroom setting, I have accessed and used the CNO resources on a few separate occasions related to assignments or research.

Antoinette

I’ve used the CNO website several times throughout my education but also for my work. Most recently when addressing practice questions related to working with unregulated care providers.

Patrice

Throughout my learning and practice as a nursing student, I have utilized CNO resources as the most credible source for information as it relates to nursing practice, especially, for research projects and assignments. I have also regularly accessed information from the CNO website during my clinical practice as a guide to continuously adhere to the rules and regulations that are set out for nurses.

Adeola

During my time as a nursing student I used the CNO website to get information in completing assignment, research and projects. I intend visiting it more as i prepare for my Rex-PN.

Brittany

Since first semester of the PN program we were introduced to the CNO as a primary resource. Whether it be for nursing care plans, group assignments (we did one specifically on ethics) and also are learning goals all needed to connect with entry to practice guidelines. To complete my jurisprudence exam the CNO website is what led me to success first attempt.

Ayotunde

I used the CNO website severally in most of my Practical Nursing courses like my professional development Individual paper assignments among others.

Kimberley

I have recently completed my PN program at Fleming College. In my PAN class we referred to these CNO guidelines often. During consolidation I looked back to the Practice Standards often to reflect on my nursing experience in LTC (I completed my consolidation in LTC) I feel I will looking back on these often in my nursing career.

Lievinne

je l’ai utilisé à plusieurs reprises surtout en classe et mes travaux au collège

Edna

T he CNO website is my goto whenever am in doubt of my scope of practice or what is expected of me as an rpn.

Erika-Joy

As an RPN-to-RN student, the CNO ETP Competencies is a key document in our midterm and final evaluations to showcase examples of how we have met these competencies in our practice. The CNO Quality Assurance Program document is also used to develop our learning goals and the CNO Standards and Guidelines have been utilized in many of our assignments as well.

Judith

As an RPN Student, I used the CNO Quality Assurance Program to develop my learning goals and proper documentation, I also used it to determine my scope of practice to avoid deviating from the practice guidelines and standards.

Amber

I use the CNO site to double-check my scope of practice, become more familiar with Practice Guidelines and Standards, and study for the jurisprudence exam.

Cernette

I used the CNO website when I had questions during my clinical placement. I continue to use it throughout my studies.

Mae-esther

I used the CNO website multiple times not only in my RN program but also in my work as RPN. CNO guides me and updates me on any health-related changes that involve nursing and health care. As a licensed nurse, CNO is an integral part of my profession.

Chelsea

The CNO provides nurses in Ontario a guide when looking into our scope of practice. I have used it as a reference throughout my RPN career and my RN schooling.

Adeola

I have used the CNO practice guidelines on the code of conduct to maintain professionalism, competence and ethical behaviour to deliver safe care while assisting my clients with their care.

Christiana

As a PN student, I use the CNO website and resources for my assignments, clinicals, and now in my consolidation semester. I also use the practice guidelines as references for creating my learning plan.

Jeninnah

The CNO is very helpful because it provides information needed for new graduate nurses and practicing nurses to provide quality care, as a nurse especially a new nurse, it is important to have learning resources and to continue with research in order to integrate easily in the healthcare career and field, I have been using the CNO resources throughout nursing school and I will continue to use it to guide my nursing practice when I am registered.

Adebisi

1 used the CNO website as a reference for some of my college assignments and also followed the guidelines and standards in providing care to patients in my pre-grad program.

Coleen

As an RPN working in a long-term care facility, I utilize CNO resources like online courses and research articles to deepen my understanding of wound care management. Staying updated on best practices provided by the CNO helps me deliver effective care to residents with wounds.

Shannon

I just recently finished my education through Fleming college. I have used the CNO website many times for research projects, as well as confirming what our scope of practice includes while at placement. I will be working LTC, and im sure the CNO web page will be my go to

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.