• This Discussion Thread has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Francine.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Tell us about a great healthcare leader that you know and what it is about them that makes them such a great leader?

Chantelle

I know nurse manager M.O. is an extraordinary leader. M.O. communicated with all staff about assignments to be done, and would follow closely to ensure completion. M.O. advocated for clients by speaking directly to interdisciplinary team members, so the clients can have access to basic necessities.

Francine

Do you think that this nurse manager had a good idea of everyone’s roles and responsibilities and therefore she was able to connect with the team better?

It’s always so inspiring when you come across a great nurse leader.

Taylor

I had the pleasure of working with a wonderful RN during one my clinical placements as an RPN. She was extremely approachable, and very hands on with learning. She always advocated for her students and ensured we were always able to access every learning opportunity on our shifts. She was extremely knowledgable, even to other nurses that worked on this particular unit, and will always be an inspiration in my career.

Francine

That sounds like a great experience you had Taylor. Nursing is one of those professions where we rely on the teachings or more experienced nurses. It is a way we pass on the information and mentor newer nurses. It sounds like the RN you worked with took her role very seriously and demonstrated a commitment to sharing that knowledge.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.