• This Discussion Thread has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Francine.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

After graduation, you have received your temporary RN registration and are working in a long-term care home. You have several patients that require the use of a mechanical lift to transfer to their wheelchairs. The PSWs on the floor are familiar with the lift however today there was a new PSW on the unit and she will need teaching around this for her first patient. Are you able to delegate this task to the PSW? Y/N and why?

Chantelle

I am not able to delegate this task to the PSW as a temporary RN, because delegating is not a part of my role .

Francine

Great catch Chantelle !

Taylor

No I am not able to delegate this task to the PSW on temporary RN license as that is not within my scope of practice.

Francine

Very well put Taylor. It’s important to identify this distinction when registering for temporary registration. Under normal registration in the general or extended class other members of healthcare team may be delegated tasks and perform them under our supervision.

Great response.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.