• This Discussion Thread has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Francine.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Think of an example of a circumstance where communication did not go as planned. How would you approach the situation differently after having learned about communication styles and crucial conversations?

Taylor

I unfortunately have experience with a preceptor where we were unable to communicate effectively.

I have learned that interpreting an individuals communication style is important in learning how to effectively communicate with people. Communicating through text messages and social media can also be confusing and misleading, and important conversations are better off done in person so that nothing is misconstrued.

Francine

You raise a number of excellent points. Communicating via text can lead to conflict where misunderstanding may result. You also raise the issue of understanding a person’s communication style. I agree with you, important or critical conversations should occur in person. You have the benefit of voice intonation, body language and facial expressions.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.