• This Discussion Thread has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 19 hours ago by Melissa.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Reflection question: Effective cleaning and disinfection practices reduce the risk of transmission of infections to health care workers and patients. What can you do at your workplace to support effective cleaning and disinfection?

Dale

To support effective cleaning and disinfection you must clear the surface area and clean it with a detergent/disinfectant wipe. Surfaces should be disinfected with a minimum 70% isopropyl alcohol disinfectant wipe to kill or inhibit the growth of infectious agents.

Melissa

To support effective cleaning and disinfection you can wipe down your work area with Oxivir wipes at the beginning and end of your shift. Wiping down high touch areas such as phones, printers/faxes and door handles regularly will help kill the growth of infectious agents. I always carry my own pen with me inside and outside of work. I personally don’t use shared pens as they are a high risk area for germs as they don’t get cleaned between people (this was even prior to the pandemic).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.