• This Discussion Thread has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 18 hours ago by Melissa.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Reflection question: Immunization programs are highly effective and are a critical component of the OHS program. Do you think immunizations should be mandatory for health care workers? Discuss why or why not with evidence to support your position.

Dale

I feel that immunizations offer protection for both yourself as well as those around you and they should be mandatory for health care workers providing hands on care to patients. Vaccines are the best way we have to prevent the spread of infectious disease.

Melissa

I feel that most immunizations, such as, MMR, Varicella, TDaP, should be mandatory for health care workers as they offer protection for the health care worker and those that they are caring for and prevent outbreaks. However, saying that I don’t feel that flu shots and COVID-19 shots should be mandatory as they don’t prevent you from getting it and being a carrier of these illnesses. Both the flu shot and COVID-19 shot help with the symptoms so they are not as severe but don’t prevent the illness. I feel for some illnesses we need to build an immunity and if we have an immunity our own immune system should prevent us from getting severely sick.
      Being double vaccinated (COVID-19) has not changed anything as we remain to have outbreaks, required to wear masks, and required to maintain 6 feet apart from others outside of your household.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.