Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

We’d like to know a little more about you. Tell us in a couple of lines about your reason for taking this course, and an interesting fact about you.

Melanie

Hi all,

My name is Melanie and I’ve been an RPN since 2005. I’ve worked in hospital and medical office settings but, for the last 10 yrs, I have been doing Case Management. I am taking this course to help me achieve some extra knowledge and skills to hopefully get in to a Program Manager or People Leader position.

Kimberley

My name is Kimberley. I have been a RPN since 2019. I am presently working a PRN and a nurse case manager in a group home-type setting for clients with dual diagnosis mental health. I am taking this course to build on my leadership skills and grow in my present role. I hope to one day become a team lead within my organization.

Sandra

Hi my name is Sandra I’ve been an RPN for 14 years, I’ve worked mostly in the hospital setting. I am taking this course to help lead my peers and hopefully move up in my career.

Heather

My name is Heather. I have been an RPN for 12 years. I am presently working as a PSW manager/case manager in the community. I feel it would help me to gain some leadership skills so that I can do my job more effectively

Taraneh

Hi Everyone, I am Tara. I live in Petawawa, ON. I have been an RPN for 8 years. I have worked in several settings, acute care, day surgery, long term care. Made a career move to Clinical Informatics in June 2023 and then was given an opportunity to be in a leadership role as an Assistant Director of Care of a long term care facility. I am taking this course to better improve myself as a leader and to gain knowledge to better support my team.

Suzanne

Hi everyone, my name is Suzanne and I work as a full time RPN at a FHT in Cambridge. I am a senior staff member and wish to take this course to improve my leadership skills to learn and set a good example for new grads and new staff that work at our facility.

Andrea

Hello everyone, my name is Andrea and I work full time in community as a visiting nurse. I have been nursing since 2004 and have worked in hospital, LTC, and as a Nurse manager for private pay company as well as my current position. I am taking this course to refresh and improve my skills in leading not only coworkers but also to lead patients in achaiving their goals of care.

Maame

Hello my fellow nurses, my name is Maame I have been an RPN since February 2022 . I currently work in LTC facility. The reason for me taking this course is enchance my leadership skills so I can become a better leader.

Marilyn
      Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your great introductions. Again, I will be your facilitator and I’m looking forward to some great discussions.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.