• This Discussion Thread has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 days, 16 hours ago by Angela.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

We’d like to know a little more about you. Tell us in a couple of lines about your reason for taking this course, and an interesting fact about you.

Sharon

Hello and welcome to Leadership 1! My name is Sharon Foster and I’ve been an RPN for 10 years. I went to Humber College in Etobicoke and have worked a little in LTC, community, clinics, but my main role has been ER RPN at Etobicoke General, then Urgent Care in Peel. I’ve been with WeRPN for 4 years now. I also have two quirky rescue dogs that enrich my life and destroy my house. 🙂

Tania

Good morning online classmates! My name is Tania Strong. I graduated from Loyalist College in Belleville in 2011. This was a second career for me going back to school as a mature student. One of the best things I could have done for myself. I love being a RPN.
      I worked at the Belleville Hospital in Complex Continuing Care and the Surgical Floor , in a weight loss clinic and now have been working at The Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre for the past 5 years.
      I have a great sense of humor and an infectious laugh

Lena

Hello everyone,
      My name is Lena Wagner. I graduated from Georgian College in Orangeville in 2016. I’ve worked in the community, hospital and retirement homes. I know work in a Retirement Home in Elora and I love it. I wanted to be a nurse since I was a child. I always wanted to work at Sick Kids in Toronto as an RN. I went for my HCA now known as PSW right after high school. With an injury and life events that never happened. So later in life I decided to get my RPN and here I am today. I have 3 boys 26, 24 and 16, married for 27 yrs and 2 German Shepherds. I look forward to getting to know you all throughout this course.

Erin

Good Evening everyone,
      My name is Erin Gmeindl. I’ve been a RPN for 17 years having graduated from the Conestoga College RPN program in 2004, when it was first changed to the 2 year diploma program!
      I’ve worked in Geriatrics my entire career in the LTCH, Retirement home and Pharmaceutical environments, mainly in the Kitchener-Waterloo and Wellington regions.
      I specialize in Dementia care, which I have a passion for and was the Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) RPN lead in my previous LTCH when it was introduced in 2012.
      I am currently an Assistant Director of Care in a Retirement home in Stratford.
      I also have a rescued 4-legger (dog) that rules my heart and my couch.

Jennifer

Hello Everyone
      My name is Jennifer Hickling, I have been a RPN for 15 years, the majority of my career I worked in Acute care and specialized in Dialysis. I recently made the switch to LTC and I am really enjoying the change. I entered LTC during COVID and have found the past year very rewarding and very heart breaking all at the same time. Due to significant staff turnover, I have taken on a number of roles one of which is our Responsive Behavioral Lead. I have enjoyed diving into to this area of care head first and not looking back. I am hoping this course will give me a bit more background to move our behavioral program in a positive direction.

Lindsay

Hello everyone
      My name is Lindsay Pentland I graduated from St. Clair College in 2007. I started at Leamington Hospital shortly after, where I worked on almost every floor. Because of the small facility I have been able to dabble a little in many things, such as Rehab, med/surg, palliative, step down ICU/tele, CCC, ambulatory care, and since Jan 2019 I’ve been in the Rapid Assessment Zone in the ER. I also worked with a doctor there in his pain clinic there since 2017. In 2019 I was voted in as a union representative and have been thinking about taking this course to improve my overall leadership skills. After a long year + I was starting to feel the burn out, so this summer I changed things up and decided to do something I’ve always wanted to.. I became a travel nurse. I am currently up in Northern Ontario along the coast of James Bay in remote fly in only communities. I am relearning what ‘small town’ is and it is truly reigniting my passion for this profession!

Vandhna

Good morning Nurses!
      my name is Mina Amrith and I have been a RPN for 23 years and I have been elected as Executive Vice President of SEIU Healthcare. I have worked at Sunnybrook as an IV nurse, and on a behavioral unit. I love baking and eating! I am looking forward to getting you all.

Angela

Hello Everyone!

My name is Angela Reid. I switched careers and have been nursing since 2003. I started on a orthopaedic and neurosurgical floor outside Vancouver BC and have worked at Belleville General Hospital since 2008, predominately on a surgical floor. As time has past and senior staff have left I find myself being “senior staff” and am looking for more learning opportunities to have a positive impact on the team with whom I work. My husband and I have two young girls who are now old enough to allow me some time to focus on my career development.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.