Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Tell us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in this course!

Josephine

My name is Josephine, and I am interested in this course because I work in a long-term care facility and would like to educate and better equip myself and co-workers on how to take preventative measures for infectious diseases.

Nusreta

Hello,
      My name is Nusreta, and I recently graduated from Sheridan’s RPN program. I am a clinical extern right now, and I think this course will further solidify my understanding of how to prevent infectious diseases. I think it’s critical to update our professional knowledge in order to provide adequate care.

Carmen

I’m interested in the IPAC course because it’s a valuable field of study that can be applied across various workplaces, especially in healthcare. I have a passion for continuous learning, personal and professional growth and this IPAC course is a good foundation for ensuring the safety and well-being of patients and healthcare workers.

Patrice

My name is Patrice, I am interested in the IPAC course as a recent nursing graduate because becoming more knowledgeable about IPAC is an important aspect of nursing to safeguard the health and wellbeing of patients and the healthcare team. As well, gaining a better understanding and knowing how to implement infection control measures are important aspects of the nursing practice.

Thivyaa

My name is Thivyaa, I am passionate about learning and advancing my knowledge. which is one of the reasons I am taking this IPAC course. I believe it is crucial to continue advancing my knowledge for both personal and career growth. I look forward to understanding further about IPAC and being able to apply what I learn in this course throughout my professional and personal life.

Jelyn

Hi, my name is Jelyn , fresh RPN graduate and currently working as RPN at ThunderBay. Learning and taking IPAc course is a tool for me as a Healthcare provider .It will guide me in my daily Healthcare routine in taking care of elderly people and understanding how to prevent and how infectious disease works. Taking IPAc course will help me develop my skills as a nurse as well as it will help me to be effecient and effective nurse. Continuing learning is my goal to enhance my knowledge, skill, judgement to deliver a better quality and safe care

Shawana

My name is Shavana. I am a new graduate nurse from the RPN program and currently working at a LTC home in Markdale. This course will help me to understand and increase my knowledge more on how to prevent further spread of microorganisms from client to client, staff to client and staff to staff. The IPAC course will help me to take the necessary precautions when my workplace is on a respiratory outbreak and making sure my clients and loved ones remain safe and healthy. Teaching my clients the basic IPAC skills such as hand washing and hand sanitizing is not only a good health practice for them but beneficial for everyone.

Patrice

Hey Shavana! Congratulations, on your graduation! I am also a new graduate from the RPN program. It is agreeable that it is really valuable to take the IPAC course to help stop the spread of microorganisms. This is especially crucial during outbreaks. Teaching people IPAC skills is such a practice, for maintaining health. Take care. Stay safe and healthy!

Babita

My name is Babita. I have 23 years of experience as a rpn. IPAC is a vital responsibility to our role. The knowledge I will gain from this course will better prepare me for future potential outbreaks.

Antoinette

Hello everyone. My name is Antoinette, I was an RPN for the last three years and have recently completed my bridging program to BScN and am now an RN. I have inpatient experience in oncology, palliative care and cardiology. As well as community experience. When I got into nursing I knew it would require me to be open and willing to learn for the lifetime of my career, thus when this IPAC course was offered to me I was interested in taking it and expanding my knowledge in this area. Especially since the rise of activity of infectious diseases over the last three years. I’m hoping this course will help me to understand the rationale behind certain decisions that are made by the IPAC teams within hospitals but also by public health teams. IPAC is also applicable in all settings and I believe a good foundational understanding is beneficial for all nurses.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.