• This Discussion Thread has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Jennifer.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

1. Write a 150-word discussion post on the following question: Did you send your SBAR email to your manager or supervisor? Why did you send and what was the response? Why did you not send it?

2. Comment on one other participant’s post:

• Ask a clarifying question
      • Offer a different perspective
      • Share your reflections or your experience
      Paula

Hello again, please see attached 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Jennifer

Hello Paula, the unfortunate constraints in the mental health care community is truly alarming. The prospect of facing either a lengthy waitlist or extremely high costs is disheartening. Your dedication to advocating for funding in this field is admirable, as you say it is a preventable and treatable crisis, if early treatment is readily accessible. Thank you for the recommendation for further insight. I wish you must success should you pursue further research in this field.

Victoria

I did not send this SBAR email to my manager. I feel the recommendation has not been fully formulated yet and personally would like more time to thoroughly analyze literature to effectively integrate it into my recommendations. I also want to gather further input and data from other sources before finalizing this email and sending it off. Moreover, I also feel the need to consult with relevant stakeholders, such as other healthcare professionals to ensure that the proposed checklist implementation would be well-received and effectively implemented. Being part of a larger scale research study for my research fellowship presently, I appreciate how much actually has to go into preparing recommendations for practice and effectively getting that knowledge out there.

Paula

Hello Victoria, your response reflects a conscientious approach to decision-making, indicating a reluctance to rush recommendations without sufficient analysis and consultation. By expressing the need for more time to delve into literature, gather input, and consult with stakeholders, I believe that you have demonstrated a dedication to producing well-informed recommendations. I love it! Enjoy the rest of your week 🙂

Jennifer

I did not send my SBAR email to my manager as I have recently transitioned to a new position and I am no longer a full time employee at that practice.

However, I am pleased to have identified this issue and taken it a step further by formulating my research question. It is a longstanding issue that has been informally discussed but has not been formally addressed with a thorough literature review.

The research tools I have acquired through this exercise have equipped me with valuable knowledge and skills that can be applied effectively in the future when the opportunity arises.

Although I may not currently be able to present and implement the findings into practice, the insights gained from conducting the literature review are still valuable. They lay the groundwork for potential future initiatives aimed at addressing vaccine hesitancy among parents and improving childhood immunization rates.

Paula

Hello Jennifer, your response highlights a positive attitude towards professional development and a proactive approach to addressing healthcare challenges, even in the midst of transition. I love it! Good luck in your new role although you probably wont need it 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.