• This Discussion Thread has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Olusola.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon

Reflection discussion: Search the internet for a four moments of Hand Hygiene poster that you feel explains it the best and could be used in your workplace. Explain why you chose the poster.

Catherine

I chose this poster because it is from the WHO. I felt this would be a more appropriate poster, being that it is more internationally recognized instead of one from a specific country or health unit.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Carmen

It’s interesting that the poster you selected has 5 moments of hand hygiene and that they separate the patient and patient surroundings. This discrepancy is an interesting point regarding the variations in guidelines and approaches across different healthcare organizations.

Jelyn

All healthcare workers are aware of hand hygiene and know when and how to wash, however, there are moments when, healthcare workers forget what else proper hand hygiene can do to each individual (staff, patients, visitors). I chose this poster because it gives education and information about the benefits of proper hand hygiene.

Attachments:
        Josephine

Your example also shows the actions of the process, which is great.

Nkechi

hi Jelyn,
          your poster gives an elaborate explanation of hand hygiene protocol that one can not easily forget!

Carmen

I selected this poster because it’s one I’m familiar with from both school and my previous workplaces. It clearly illustrates the 4 moments of hand hygiene. It also provides a detailed explanation lower down, making it a good resource for a quick reference in the workplace.

Carmen

Reupload of photo

Attachments:
      Josephine

I chose these four moments of hand hygiene because they are similar to the ones in my facility. It explains the steps thoroughly and in order.

Attachments:
        Antoinette

Hi Josephine, I also have similar ones in my facility. Yeah I like how thorough these posters are. They are helpful for those who are not familiar with the process or who need a quick refresher.

Patrice

I chose the five moments of hand hygiene that could be used in the workplace because this poster clearly depicts the steps that are to be taken to perform hand hygiene with a clear explanation of each step.

Attachments:
      Antoinette

I chose this poster from the Provincial Infection Control Network of British Columbia’s website. I chose this poster because I feel like it is very simple to follow and an easy read. The images are in logical sequence with a short caption above. It gets straight to the point and the images are quick and easy reminders, you don’t even have to read the captions to understand what is going on. Lastly, although it is is a simple poster it looks organized and clean which makes it attractive to those who are passing by.

Attachments:
      Thivyaa

I chose this poster for 4 moments of hand hygiene because it has visuals as well as an explanation of why and when each step is performed. I’ve seen the image of 4 moments of hand hygiene at workplaces and school, however this poster has the extension of explanation of each step which I find helpful for people who may want to know reasons behind each step. This poster is a great tool to exhibit 4 moments of hand hygiene visually and rationally.

Attachments:
        Patrice

Hi Thivyaa,
        Your selection of the poster, which includes visuals and detailed explanations, for the four aspects of hand hygiene is excellent. It serves as a resource, for comprehending the rationale behind each step. The blend of visuals and explanations significantly improves its ability to promote hand hygiene.

Nkechi

I chose this poster because this is the one we have at my workplace which is recognized by Public Health Ontario. We were asked to follow the rules on this poster like a guide, especially during the covid 19 pandemic and it really helped me to be very cautious of my daily hand wash routine to avoid contamination for myself, colleagues and residents.

Attachments:
        Ayotunde

Hi Nkechi,
        Your poster is self-explanatory. Following the picture is a good guidance for what, when and how to do a proper hand hygiene.

Ayotunde

I chose this poster because the visuals are readable as a poster and anyone could easily put to practice whats in it when pasted on a wall by any resident or patient’s room. Even if one cant remember at the top of one’s head what should be done, this can be very helpful as a reminder.

Attachments:
        Olusola

I think your chosen poster is very interesting particularly, the showing of the rationale can further encourage care givers to be mindful of hand hygiene.

Olusola

I chose this poster because it is visual, and shows examples with large pictures, the 4 critical moments of hand hygiene. I would like this to be used in my facility so care givers can be subconsciously prompted to follow the steps by mere glancing at the poster.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this Discussion Thread.